If you're running into issues updating your Gear, downloading content, or losing connection between your Gear and the AvengersNet App on your Android device, please first try the steps below:
- Force quit the app.
- Power cycle your Repulsor Gear. Turn off your Gear, wait 45 seconds, then turn it on again. Note that it can take 3-5 seconds to fully power down.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Turn on your Gear and relaunch the AvengersNet App.
NOTE: It may be necessary to repeat these steps as you download each update or additional missions.
If that doesn't help, try the other steps below:
- Force close the app
- Restart your device
- Clear the app's cache
- Update the app
- Update your device software
- Check your internet connection
- Check how much free space is left on your device
Visit the official Android site for additional support.
1. Force close the app and any apps running in the background
- Tap the "Recent Apps" button (looks like two overlapping rectangles) on your device to bring up any apps that are currently running
- Swipe to the left to close them
- To force stop an app from here, tap and hold, then select "App Info"
- Tap "Force Stop"
You can also:
- Hold down the Home screen button until all of your apps appear.
- Swipe to the left or right to close the open app.
Note: If you have an older device these steps may be slightly different. Try clicking "Settings", then "Applications" to see your running apps.
2. Restart your device
- Hold down the power button (usually found on the right-hand side of the device).
- Select Power Off, then Turn Off.
- Wait 30-45 seconds, then hold down the power button until the device logo appears.
3. Clear the app's cache
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap "Application Manager"
- Scroll until you find the app
- Tap "Clear Cache" (NOTE: Do NOT tap the button to Clear Data)
4. Update the app
- Open the "Google Play" app
- Tap the three bar icon in the upper left-hand corner
- Go to "My App"
- Select an individual app, or tap "Update All"
5. Update your device software
- Tap "Settings"
- Select "About device"
- Tap "Software Update"
6. Check your internet connection
Ensure that you are connected to the internet and have a steady Wi-Fi connection.
7. Check how much free space is left on your device
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap "Storage"
- Check "Available Space"
To ensure the best performance, your device should have at least 1GB of free space.