First, follow the directions in How do I register my Gamma Gear with the AvengersNet App? to log into or create a Disney account and connect your Gamma Gear with the app.
Make sure you do the following before you start:
- Connect your Gamma Gear with the Power Activator
- Complete your first mission with Iron Man
- Ensure that you are in Exploration Mode and not a mission
- Turn on your device's Bluetooth (see steps for iOS and Android)
- Turn on your Gamma Gear and ensure that it's near the app
Now, to get new locations, missions, and the latest and greatest upgrades, you have to download two important updates to your Gamma Gear. Each update will take at least 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Before you get started, make sure you have fresh batteries in your Gamma Gear.
- Do not turn off your Gamma Gear while downloads are in progress. You won't be able to use it during this time.
Do not close the app; this will interrupt the download.
When you see the red prompt for the first Gear update, tap "START" to begin.
While J.A.R.V.I.S. downloads and installs the update, prepare yourself for future battles by exploring the app! Check out locations and read about missions in the Global Threat Matrix, test out abilities in the Armory, and learn about heroes, villains, enemies, and strategies in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Database.
When your first update is complete, your Gamma Gear will automatically restart — this may take a few minutes. Keep AvengersNet open, because when your Gamma Gear turns back on and reconnects to the app, you’ll have one more update to do.
When you see the blue prompt for the second Gear update, tap "START" to begin.
Continue your briefing, recruit – AvengersNet will help you prepare for the battles ahead!
- When the second update finishes downloading, your Gamma Gear will automatically restart again. Once it reconnects to AvengersNet, you can download new locations and missions, or head off to join the fight and save the world!