In Free for All mode, you can challenge a fellow recruit to a player versus player battle by syncing two pieces of Avenger Gear.
Use the following steps to set up two pieces of Gear for Free for All mode:
- When you first visit a location and haven't yet selected a mission, you will land in Exploration Mode. While in Exploration Mode, you will be able to hear background noise from the location you're in.
Ensure both pieces of Gear are on and close together.
Press and release the Sync button on both pieces of Avenger Gear. J.A.R.V.I.S. will confirm that the sync is complete.
Once syncing is complete, one of the recruits can choose Free for All mode using the Navigation Dial. If you're using your Gamma Gear, use the Plus (+) or Minus (-) button to scroll through the menu to Free for All mode, and press the Navigation Dial to confirm your selection. Prompts will continue playing through one piece of Gear.
- All prompts will continue playing from the piece of Gear used to select Free for All mode. If you're having difficulty hearing the prompts, try turning the volume up.
- Nick Fury will provide a short briefing on how Free for All mode works – it's a laser tag style battle that lasts 120 seconds.
- At the end of the battle, Nick Fury will ask you to stand close together so he can announce the winner of the battle.
- The winner's Gear will light up and flash.