You will be able to swap control between characters to take advantage of each one’s special abilities. To bring up the character wheel:
- PlayStation 3: Triangle
- Xbox 360: Y
- Wii: C
In Free Play, you will be able to select any character from the character grid.
- JACK SPARROW'S COMPASS - When Jack is the active character, press and hold the Action button. When the compass wheel appears on screen, point to select the desired item and follow the path shown.
- SAVING THE GAME - Progress in LEGO® Disney Pirates of the Caribbean is saved automatically after completing a chapter/level in Story mode and during play in Free Play mode.
A true pirate knows there's loot to be had everywhere, look alive and keep your eyes open for:
- LEGO STUDS - Can be found scattered throughout LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean. Collect them and spend them later in the Port. Collect enough in a level and you will be hailed a true pirate!
- GOLD BRICKS - Are earned after completing levels in Story Mode and reaching certain goals, like being hailed a true pirate. Earn enough Gold Bricks to access other areas in the Port and unlock special features.
- RED HATS - Unlock special extras, such as stud multipliers and special abilities; they can be found and purchased in the Port. To activate a Red Hat during game play, open the Pause Menu and select Extras.
- MINI-KIT - 10 pieces in each level. Once built, they can be captained in any discovered bonus levels.
NOTE: There will be items visible in Story Mode that may not be accessible until the chapter is replayed in Free Play mode using the abilities of a specific character.