Syncing your gameplay allows you to save or recover your progress, and play on multiple devices.
- Lost progress can only be recovered if you had previously been saving your gameplay. If this is your first time setting up your game to sync, you will not be able to recover past gameplay.
- Coins and Pixels cannot be transferred between different devices. These items remain on the device where they were obtained.
Syncing Progress - Android (Google Play)
- If you're already logged into Google Play, your game is already being synced. If you're not logged in:
- Force close Disney Crossy Road.
- Open Disney Crossy Road.
You'll be prompted to log in or create a new Google Play account. (If you're trying to recover your progress, log in with the same Google Play account that you'd previously used for Disney Crossy Road).
Once signed in, your progress will be backed up as you play.
If your progress has not returned: Play the tutorial with Mickey, force close the app, wait 5-10 minutes, and then re-open it. If you'd previously been synced to Google Play your progress should return.
Syncing Progress - Android (Amazon)
If you've installed Disney Cross Road through Amazon, you can sync your game with the following steps:
- Open the Disney Crossy Road app. (If the app was already active in the background, force close and restart it).
- Tap the message "This game supports Amazon GameCircle" when the message appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Your game should now be synced! The beach ball in the Settings menu will be colored if you're signed into your Amazon account.
If the beach ball is uncolored, wait one minute for your Amazon account to connect. Close the settings menu and then reopen it.
If you're logged into your Amazon account but your game isn't syncing, tap on the beach ball, open your Amazon settings, and make sure Whispersync for Games is turned on.
Syncing Progress - iOS
If you're already logged into iCloud, your progress is being saved on your account. If you're not logged into iCloud, perform the following:
- Tap on your device's Settings
- Tap on iCloud
- Log in or create a new iCloud account (If you're trying to recover your progress, log in with the same iCloud account that you'd previously used for Disney Crossy Road).
- Once signed in, open Disney Crossy Road. Your progress will be backed up as you play.
If your progress has not returned: Play the tutorial with Mickey, force close the app, wait 5-10 minutes, and then re-open it. If you'd previously been synced to iCloud your progress should return.