- What are the system requirements?
- Can I purchase The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition in stores?
- Do the digital versions of the games from Steam or Direct2Drive include all the updates?
- How do I switch between the new art and the old art style in the game?
- I get a message about needing .NET to run the game.
- I have to select menu items in The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition by putting the mouse cursor UNDER the selection, not on it.
- How do I update the language?
- The alignment of the cursor does not match up to the onscreen text or mouse location on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition and Monkey Island Special Edition 2: LeChuck's Revenge both start in windowed mode.
- Where can I download the latest updates for The Secret of Monkey Island for PC?
- What does the 1.1 update for The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition for iPhone correct?
- International Support
- OS: Windows XP® or Windows Vista®
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3000+
- Memory: 256 MB RAM, 512 MB for Vista
- Graphics: 128 MB with Shader Model 2.0 capability
- DirectX®: 9.0c (March 2009)
- Hard Drive: 2.5GB free hard drive space
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compliant sound card
- Controller support: Xbox 360 controller
The game is only available for digital distribution via Steam for PC, and Xbox Live for Xbox 360. It is not available on disc.
Yes, all the older titles being released through Steam and Direct2Drive include all available patches or updates. Please note that, unless indicated, they do not include any expansions or plugins.
The older SCUMM titles and The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition require .NET to run properly. Visit the Microsoft site to download and install the latest version of .NET.
I have to select menu items in The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition by putting the mouse cursor UNDER the selection, not on it. I am running the game on Vista in fullscreen mode.
Try the following to correct this issue:
- Navigate to the installation folder for The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (under Steam, this would default to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition)
- Right-click the MISE.exe executable and select Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Ensure Disable visual themes is checked
- Click OK
You should now be able to click menu and dialog selections properly when you run the game.
NOTE: If you use Alt-Enter to switch to windowed mode and then switch back to fullscreen, the issue may re-occur until you exit the game and restart.
Please do the following:
To reset the language, delete the settings.ini file located in the folder mentioned below for your specific operating system version. When you restart the game it will prompt you to select your language.
- For Windows XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition\
- For Vista users: C:\Users\\AppData(make sure that you set your preferences to show hidden folders)\Roaming\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition\
Please note that while subtitles are available in other languages, this won't change the spoken dialogue.
The alignment of the cursor does not match up to the onscreen text or mouse location on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Here is the workaround for this issue:
- Make sure the game is not running.
- Go to the MISE1 installation location (e.g. c:\Program Files\LucasArts\The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition).
- Right click on the executable for MISE - "Monkey1.exe".
- Select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure that Disable visual themes is checked.
- Press the OK button.
- Start the game.
Here is the workaround for this issue:
- Start the game and wait for it to finish loading first.
- Press Alt-Enter on your keyboard.
The latest update files for The Secret of Monkey Island for PC can be found here:
Improved graphic fidelity and art smoothness; background and character art is sharper and anti-aliased.
3GS related issues
- Fix 3Gs crash bugs
- Fix graphical tearing on 3Gs
- Fix graphical flickering on 3Gs
- Fix missing voices with headphones plugged and sound muted
- Fix irregular volume bug on speakers
- Fix irregular volume bug with headphones
- Adjust transition in opening credits so it is in sync with music
Tune existing controls
- Acceleration curve for trackpad cursor implementation
- Fix inconsistent double-tapping timing, allow for more time
- Reduce accelerometer sensitivity for triggering pause menu
- Default action verb fade out at same timing as default action
- Slow down timing of default action icon fade in/out
- Add tutorial text to explain trackpad control and cursor settings
- Add pop up text to explain trackpad control and new scheme
- Fixed random background misalignments
If you are still looking for support and are in one of the following countries, please click here for more specific contact information:
- UK, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Italy
If you are still looking for support and are not in one of the countries above, please click Contact Us.