How do I launch Grim Fandango?
To run the game, put either CD into your CD-ROM drive and click on "LucasArts\Grim Fandango\Play Grim Fandango" in the Start Menu to bring up the launcher; if you have auto-play enabled, the launcher will automatically appear when you insert Disc A into the CD-ROM drive. The Launcher has the following options:
- Play Grim Fandango
- Resume Last Saved Game
- Readme & Troubleshooting
- Other Options
- Exit to Windows
Click on the Play Grim Fandango button to start the game. Although it is possible to run the executable directly off of the CD, we recommend that you use the shortcuts the installer creates. Running the executable directly from the CD may cause the game to run much more slowly and hit the CD much harder.
Why can't I launch the game?
- Please click here to see if your computer hardware is compatible with DirectX.
- Check to see if your Windows desktop resolution is set to 16-bit color. On some video cards, other desktop resolutions cause problems in the game.
- Make sure that you have enough free space on your hard drive for the game to play. It is recommended that you have at least an additional 100 MB of free space available after installation for the Windows swap file.
- Check to see if you have any other applications running, such as memory managers, screen savers, or virus protection programs. Any of these may interfere with the game.
- The game CD may be dirty or scratched, or the CD-ROM drive may be having trouble reading the game CD. If the letter of your CD-ROM drive changes after installing the game, you will need to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the new drive letter.
How do I save and load a game?
To save a game:
- Press F1 to get to the Main Menu.
- Press S for Save game.
- Scroll down to the line that says (Empty), and press Enter.
- Type in a name for your savegame, and press Enter again.
Savegames will take a little under 1MB each of hard drive space, so plan accordingly.
To load a savegame:
- Press F1.
- Press L.
- Scroll down to the savegame you want to load and press Enter.
Any time you load a savegame, this savegame is then considered your most recent game for the purposes of the Resume Last Saved Game button on the launcher.