How do I adjust the volume levels?
Follow the directions below:
- Select "Options" from the Main Menu or press ESC to access the Options menu from within a mission.
- Select "Audio".
- Adjust the individual volume sliders to adjust the volume levels.
How do I adjust the volume through Windows? The audio is too loud or too soft.
With some sound cards, you may want to adjust the volume in the Windows control panel before starting the program, or you may need to exit the program to adjust the volume if the sound is too loud or too soft. Double click on the Volume Control icon on your task bar and adjust the volume control, CD audio and wave volume. If the Volume Control icon is not on your taskbar, follow these directions to adjust your volume:
Click on the "Start" button on your taskbar.
- Choose "Programs".
- Choose "Accessories".
- Choose "Entertainment".
- Choose "Volume Control".
- Adjust the "Wave Volume" slider.
NOTE: If you are not hearing any sound, make sure to de-select the MUTE box below the Wave Volume slider.
Why do I keep hearing static or audio distortion in the game?
- If you are hearing static in the game, your sound card may not be fully DirectX compatible. You may want to determine whether DirectX supports your sound card. To do this:
- Click on "Start" to open the start menu.
- Click on "Run".
- Type "DXDiag" into the Run dialog box.
- Click "OK". This takes you to the DirectX Diagnostics screen.
Click on the "Sound" tab.
We recommend that you test DirectSound. If any of these tests fail, please check for updated drivers for the hardware. If you continue to have problems after updating the drivers, we recommend that you contact the hardware manufacturer of the card for further assistance.
- Your volume may be turned up too loud in Windows.
- Your amplified speakers may be plugged into speaker-out on your sound card.
Article is closed for comments.