How can I improve my display performance?
Some video cards may have performance issues when running the game with some Display options set to high. To improve performance, try setting the Display options to lower settings or disabling them completely.
The Sniper overlay is corrupted in Armed and Dangerous.
Disable the "Blurring" option in the Graphics options menu.
Low-end Graphics Card Issues
When using a low-end graphics card, you may experience the following issues when playing the game:
- Performance may be slow in some areas.
- You may see flickering graphics.
- Textures may be missing or they may display incorrectly.
- You may experience poor performance or lock ups after selecting any Screen Resolution above 1024x768. If this occurs, we recommend that you select a lower resolution.
The program will not run on my Intel 82915 video card.
The Intel 82915 video card does not support the functionality necessary to run the program and is not supported. The program requires a card that supports Hardware T&L (transform and lighting) and the onboard Intel chips do not have that capability.
When I Alt-Tab or task switch out of the program, I get a black or gray screen or the program does not function properly or crashes.
Alt-Tabbing out of graphically intense or DirectX-based games is not recommended. When you task switch out of a game, you may experience:
- The program may crash or lock up.
- You may see graphical corruption in the game when you return.
- Sound may drop out of the game.
- If this is a multiplayer game, either the host or clients may lose connection or drop out, or network performance will suffer greatly.
To avoid this, do NOT Alt-Tab out of a DirectX -based game or application.
Why am I having issues with my Non-DDC monitor while playing the game?
We have found that when using a non-DDC monitor, refresh rates and resolutions may not be reported correctly to Windows. A Non-DDC (Display Data Channel) monitor cannot communicate with the video card to access information regarding the supported resolutions and refresh rates. When using a non-DDC monitor, you may experience the following issues at certain resolutions:
- Black screens
- Stretched or skewed screen sizes
- Permanent Virtual Desktop display modes
- The top portion of the screen may not be visible.
To correct these issues, you will need to choose a different in-game resolution from the in-game video options.