IMPORTANT: Do not uninstall the app before taking all troubleshooting steps, as you may permanently lose your game progress.
If you're running into issues playing an app on your Android device, try the following steps:
- Force close the app
- Restart your device
- Clear the app's cache
- Update the app
- Update your device software
- Check your internet connection
- Check how much free space is left on your device
Visit the official Android site for additional support.
Note: the following troubleshooting steps also apply to apps that are no longer receiving updates and have moved to a legacy status. If these steps do not help, then it is likely that the legacy app will no longer work as intended on your device.
Force close the app and any apps running in the background
- Tap the "Recent Apps" button (looks like two overlapping rectangles) on your device to bring up any apps that are currently running.
- Swipe to the left to close them.
- To force stop an app from here, tap and hold, then select "App Info".
- Tap "Force Stop".
You can also:
- Hold down the "Home" screen button until all of your apps appear.
- Swipe to the left or right to close the open app.
Note: If you have an older device these steps may be slightly different. Try clicking "Settings", then "Applications" to see your running apps.
Restart your device
- Hold down the power button (usually found on the right-hand side of the device).
- Select "Power Off", then "Turn Off".
- Wait 30-45 seconds, then hold down the power button until the device logo appears.
Clear the app's cache
- Go to "Settings".
- Tap "Application Manager".
- Scroll until you find the app.
- Tap "Clear Cache". (NOTE: Do NOT tap the button to Clear Data).
Update the app
- Open the "Google Play" app.
- Tap the three bar icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Go to My Apps.
- Select an individual app, or tap "Update All".
Update your device software
- Tap "Settings".
- Select "About device".
- Tap "Software Update".
Check your internet connection
Ensure that you are connected to the internet and have a steady Wi-Fi connection.
Check how much free space is left on your device
- Go to "Settings".
- Tap "Storage".
- Check "Available Space".
To ensure the best performance, your device should have at least 1GB of free space.
Article is closed for comments.