You may receive an "unable to read the disc" error message if you're in the incorrect mode when you insert the Disney Infinity disc.
To resolve this issue and switch to the Wii U mode, use the following steps:
- Click the Wii U Menu icon - This will switch the mode back to the normal Wii U interface.
- Launch Disney Infinity 2.0 - You should be able to play normally after switching the mode.
To switch back to the normal Wii mode, use the following steps:
- Click on the Wii U Menu icon from the Game Pad
- You will then be prompted to sync to a Wii remote
- Follow the remaining onscreen instructions
If you receive any other error messages, try clearing the cache on your Wii U console. We also recommend ensuring that the disc is free of smudges. scratches, and residue.