Battle against your friends in Versus mode in the new Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set! Start by connecting four controllers to your gaming console. Once connected, enter the character selection screen and place your Infinity characters on the Base one at a time to fill up the roster. All three of your worthy opponents can now select an avatar on the roster and continue onto the arena selection mode where you can choose from eight different battle arenas to face off against your friends in.
In Versus mode, you and your friends can enjoy five different game modes. They are:
- Battlegrounds – Prove you're the ultimate Hero or Villain by being the last one standing!
- Super Hero – There's one Super Hero or Super Villain who is bigger and stronger than everyone else! As the Super Hero or Super Villain, every K.O. earns you points. K.O. the current Super Hero or Super Villain to take their super power.
- Hero of the Hill – Capture the hill by being the only one in the ring. Earn points by keeping your opponent out.
- Rumble – In Rumble mode, you have unlimited lives. Defeat the most opponents to win!
- Custom – The battleground is your playground and you can make the rules! Choose between Battlegrounds, Super Hero, and Hero of the Hill game modes and customize the rules to your liking. Types of customization include:
- Victory Condition – Choose the requirements for victory. Scored matches require a certain number or points to be reached by a team and survival matches favor the team that survives the longest.
- Points – Set the number of points needed to win the match.
- Time – Set the maximum duration of the match.
- Health Modifier – Increase or decrease the starting health of all players.
- Damage Modifier – Increase or decrease the amount of damage dealt by all players.